AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Traffic Source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This is Naren and I am representing an ecommernce company. 

I am facing an issue tracking traffic sources in my GA account for the marketing campagins. We are using a payment gateway xxx.com and its link is checkout.xxx.com. The problem is despite of putting utm parameters in the facebook and google marketing campaigns, GA is showing my payment gateway link as a source of traffic and conversions. 

Surpringly, it tracks traffic correctly for some of the campaigns, but in most of the cases, it is showing the payment gateway link. 

Ideally, payment gateway link has to be the destination and not source.

Can anyone help.

Regards,

Naren

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Traffic Source

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Naren,

Did you add the payment gateway's domain name to the Referral Exclusion List in Admin -> Property -> Tracking info?

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795830?hl=en

Returning visitors who have the payment gateway set as their referral and come back as direct will still have that referral until they reach your campaign timeout so you will still see these in your reports, it doesn't mean that the referral exclusion list is not working.

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Tracking Traffic Source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Arnold,

I did that in the past, but then GA stopped showing traffic coming from that source hence i removed it.

Regards.
Naren