1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking ID - problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I'm new to this community. I have 2 different tracking ids for my website and the one I have currently set up on my google analytics account isn't working. Is there a way of changing the one on the google analytics account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking ID - problem

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Do you know why it's not working? Do you have access to both tracking scripts? Or to be more straightforward, could you place here a link to your site so someone can have a look and feedback?

Thanks!

Re: Tracking ID - problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I think bc it has 2 different codes....the code on my analytics account is UA-96751742-1 and on my shopify its UA-96786505-1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The website is www.tianajewel.com

Tracking ID - problem

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You only have one GA visible on your website which is (UA-96786505-1) If you sign into that account that is where the analytics information is currently being sent.

Tracking ID - problem

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

UA-96786505-1 is showing twice - one in the actual GA script as:

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-96786505-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

and one as what it appears to be the Shopify code as:

trekkie.load(
{"Trekkie":{"appName":"storefront","development":false,"defaultAttributes":{"shopId":17898465,"isMerchantRequest":null,"themeId":180317448,"themeCityHash":14118992281686842797}},"Performance":{"navigationTimingApiMeasurementsEnabled":true,"navigationTimingApiMeasurementsSampleRate":0.1},"Google Analytics":{"trackingId":"UA-96786505-1","domain":"auto","siteSpeedSampleRate":"10","enhancedEcommerce":true,"doubleClick":true,"includeSearch":true},"Session Attribution":{}}
);

Check your site source code and search for UA- for all instances of a GA ID. It may well be that the GA script should have the other ID. If so, the fix is easy - just replace UA-96786505-1 with UA-96751742-1.

Let me know if the above is clear. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't look at page source but looks like R Rodriguez did so you should clean up what he is saying. But when you run tag assistant it is only picking up one code, not two.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.51.36 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok, thanks, but how do you check the site source code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know how to get the info for the account on shopify....its really confused me...please help me!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UA-96786505-1 this is the right tracking id, but I don't know how to get this info into my google analytics account