AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking ID - problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I'm new to this community. I have 2 different tracking ids for my website and the one I have currently set up on my google analytics account isn't working. Is there a way of changing the one on the google analytics account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking ID - problem

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Do you know why it's not working? Do you have access to both tracking scripts? Or to be more straightforward, could you place here a link to your site so someone can have a look and feedback?

Thanks!

Re: Tracking ID - problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I think bc it has 2 different codes....the code on my analytics account is UA-96751742-1 and on my shopify its UA-96786505-1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The website is www.tianajewel.com

Tracking ID - problem

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You only have one GA visible on your website which is (UA-96786505-1) If you sign into that account that is where the analytics information is currently being sent.

Tracking ID - problem

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

UA-96786505-1 is showing twice - one in the actual GA script as:

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-96786505-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

and one as what it appears to be the Shopify code as:

trekkie.load(
{"Trekkie":{"appName":"storefront","development":false,"defaultAttributes":{"shopId":17898465,"isMerchantRequest":null,"themeId":180317448,"themeCityHash":14118992281686842797}},"Performance":{"navigationTimingApiMeasurementsEnabled":true,"navigationTimingApiMeasurementsSampleRate":0.1},"Google Analytics":{"trackingId":"UA-96786505-1","domain":"auto","siteSpeedSampleRate":"10","enhancedEcommerce":true,"doubleClick":true,"includeSearch":true},"Session Attribution":{}}
);

Check your site source code and search for UA- for all instances of a GA ID. It may well be that the GA script should have the other ID. If so, the fix is easy - just replace UA-96786505-1 with UA-96751742-1.

Let me know if the above is clear. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't look at page source but looks like R Rodriguez did so you should clean up what he is saying. But when you run tag assistant it is only picking up one code, not two.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.51.36 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok, thanks, but how do you check the site source code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know how to get the info for the account on shopify....its really confused me...please help me!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UA-96786505-1 this is the right tracking id, but I don't know how to get this info into my google analytics account