Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Goals with Google UTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

|I'm looking to track the same URL with 3 three variants. 

/onboarding?utm_source=company&utm_medium=email&utm_content=groupA&utm_campaign=onboarding

/onboarding?utm_source=company&utm_medium=email&utm_content=groupB&utm_campaign=onboarding

onboarding?utm_source=company&utm_medium=email&utm_content=groupC&utm_campaign=onboarding

as you can see the only difference is the UTM_CONTENT. What's the short hand here? 

Something like this? Does this make sense to track three different variants like this?

/onboarding?utm_source=company&utm_medium=email&(utm_content=groupA|utm_content=groupB|utm_content=groupC)&utm_campaign=onboarding

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan U
March 2016

Re: Tracking Goals with Google UTM

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ryan U,

Are you talking about using a REGEX to capture the variations in the goal URL? If so, then one possibility would be this:

\/onboarding\?utm_source=company&utm_medium=email&utm_content=(groupA|groupB|groupC)&utm_campaign=onboarding

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: Tracking Goals with Google UTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nicky,

Yes, I was close ... Smiley Happy