Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Goal completion despite interim jump through an adserver

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Analytics Gurus,

I am trying to track a goal completion for a funnel that includes a hop through an advertising server on which I cannot set an analytics code on (the adserver only works based of 302 responses). The stream I am describing is:

OWN DOMAIN A -> ADSERVER -> OWN DOMAIN B -> CONVERSION PAGE

I got  the following flow to work with setting autoLinker = true and using the Auto Link Domains variable and placing the analytics code on Domain A and Domain B:

OWN DOMAIN A -> OWN DOMAIN B -> CONVERSION PAGE

Is there a way to properly track the sequence with the hop through an adserver? If so how? I have tried to add the adserver domain to the Auto Link  Domains variable but I doubt that will be the solution.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Re: Tracking Goal completion despite interim jump through an adserver

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Laura,

In my opinion the only thing that is missing here is adding adserver's URL to 'Referral Exclusion List'. This way GA would stitch session from Domain A with session on Domain B and attribute conversion properly.

Please let me know if it helped. If not I'd be glad to try to help you out more.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Olgierd,

When I do that in Universal Analytics do I do it in the Analytics interface or in code? /J

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Thomas,

You can do it in interface. Take a look at this screenshot: http://imgur.com/tIuP64N

Just remember that even after that you'll be seeing conversions assigned properly only for new conversions. Users whose conversions were assigned to your adserver's referral will be still reported with this referral until users delete their cookies or cookies expire themselves. Referral Exclusion List doesn't work retroactively.