Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking First User Interaction with an Event

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have implemented a series of events on my website categorized as Micro and Macro events. Is it possible to determine which event a user interacted with first? 

For example, a user starts a new session on my web page. The user then triggers three events that I consider Micro events. This specific user leaves my web page and returns the following day.  A new session is opened and then the user triggers three different Micro events again. Is it possible for me to determine which Micro event was this user's first?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking First User Interaction with an Event

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Robert,

You might want to check the Events Flow report.

Behaviour -> Events -> Events Flow

"Use the Events Flow report to visualize the order in which users trigger the Events on your site."

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2521316?hl=en

Let me know if that's what you need.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Tracking First User Interaction with an Event

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response. I did know about Events Flow, but is it possible to create a segment that only includes the users first event? I would like to segment my users first event, so I can create a report of what drove a user to his or hers first event. I understand that I could get an aggregated view of all events in the category I'm looking for, however, the second and third events are not important to me. I need to see a specific users first event.