AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Email Conversions through Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm having a problem with tracking goals for my email campaigns. I've created a url using UTM paramaters, which is working fine. The problem is that I'm unable to see the total number of conversions that came through my email campaigns. Below is the hierarchy of the url's

Link1(Utm paramaters Link) -> Page1 -> thank you page

When I check the source/medium of the thank you page, I cannot see "email" as the source(which ive put up in utm parameters).

Also, when setting goals I've used the UTM paramaters URL as the first step, Is that the correct way to set it up or do I need to do something differently

Thanks

Kiran

Re: Tracking Email Conversions through Goals

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You can use the Acquisition > Source / medium report and see the specific goal completions by changing the goals in the Conversions column.

Using UTM parameters URL as the first step isn't a good way to setup the goals. You can remove this and then use the above report to see the goals conversions from emails.