AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking E-Commerce conversions in challenging funnel

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear GA experts!

I am sure you can help me on this one, as I am having some issues in tracking the efficiency of my ads a.k.a burning money and getting little info back. 

I have a bit complicated funnel, and currently not attributing correctly the "Kachings"! (E-commerce Conversions).

1) User comes to my website over SEA or Social Media Ads.

2) User sends an E-Mail to my webseite and becomes an E-Mail back with a link to a subdomain (there he edits his content). 

3) User completes the checkout process in a 3rd party E-commerce website (shopify). 

I have already set up E-Commerce tracking (so I am seing the orders), cross domain tracking and excluded payment gateways and email providers as referrals, but still getting all the conversions in (direct)/(none) which is not helping get any conclusions. I guess I am not tracking the complete funnel.

Have I missed any step? Anyone out there already dealt with the same problem?

Have a GREAT day and thanks in advance for your kind support!

Alvaro 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alvaro M
December 2015

Re: Tracking E-Commerce conversions in challenging funnel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Take a specific sale as an example, and check to see where the referrals get lost.

- find a sale you can isolate from others ( by date, city), identify the specific City and/or Service Provider of the purchaser in Analytics.
- look at all traffic from that City/Service Provider on that date and see how the traffic is recorded -- create a custom report with City, Service Provider, Source/Medium, Hostname, Minute Index, pageviews, entrances, exits
- some of the traffic may appear out of order, but you should be able to track how Analytics is interpreting the flow from one server to the next. See where it loses the Source/Medium referral.

You could be missing Analytics code on a key page in the flow, or your cross-domain tracking isn't set up quite right. Once you have that custom report made, You should be able to run tests of your own and see if you have fixed the problem.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alvaro M
December 2015

Re: Tracking E-Commerce conversions in challenging funnel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Take a specific sale as an example, and check to see where the referrals get lost.

- find a sale you can isolate from others ( by date, city), identify the specific City and/or Service Provider of the purchaser in Analytics.
- look at all traffic from that City/Service Provider on that date and see how the traffic is recorded -- create a custom report with City, Service Provider, Source/Medium, Hostname, Minute Index, pageviews, entrances, exits
- some of the traffic may appear out of order, but you should be able to track how Analytics is interpreting the flow from one server to the next. See where it loses the Source/Medium referral.

You could be missing Analytics code on a key page in the flow, or your cross-domain tracking isn't set up quite right. Once you have that custom report made, You should be able to run tests of your own and see if you have fixed the problem.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.