Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Conversions Across Subdomains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have multiple subdomains. education.warriortrading.com, secure.warriortrading.com, webinar.warriortrading.com, and warriortrading.com

I have the analytics code for the domain warriortrading.com installed on all of these subdomains.

I see the data coming in like page views, but I am losing the original source of the traffic as they navigate across the domains. 

How can I make sure to track the original source of the traffic as they navigate to and from the primary domain and sub domain.

Here is the code installed on every page:

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXXX-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');

I look forward to getting help on this and dialing in my tracking! Thanks for the time and help in advance.

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
I'm a bit confused when i look at the setup.

on warriortrading.com there is tracking code snippet for Universal analytics for property UA-60373440-1
GTM also seems to be installed and also possibly has a GA tag for property UA-60373440-1 via the ga.js version of tracking code.

Having both versions of tracking for the same property on the same site pages will cause tracking conflicts.

I cant check the other site pages on the subdomains as they arent accessible. 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your input on this. I just removed the GTM tag. So for starters I hope this clears up my tracking conflicts. I will monitor the data over the few hours and day to see if things change. I look forward to sharing any updates on this with you.

Thanks again!

Alex