AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I am brand new to google analytics and have no idea what I'm doing.
I want to know can I use google analytics to track conversions from my facebook campaigns ... and if so how do I do this ?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards
Ryan Cartlidge

Tracking Conversion

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

You can goto acquisition->All traffic -> Referrals to see the traffic from Facebook. Then to track the conversion ( sale, form submit) you can apply appropriate metrics.

Thanks

Sura

Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for this Sura ...

When you say apply the appropriate metrics what do you mean ... sorry I am a complete novice ... what would be the appropriate metrics ... ?

Best Regards
Ryan C

Tracking Conversion

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ryan, Yes, you can track conversions from facebook in GA.To do this - you need to first go to the Conversion section of GA -->Goals--> Overview. Then create an advanced segment with source - facebook.com. It will help you to see all the goal conversions led by facebook in a single report. See the attached pics to do it by yourself. problem 2.JPGproblem 2.1.JPGIf you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Tracking Conversion

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ryan,

post some screenshots of your ga (hiding website name) by using the above mentioned path. We will have look.

Thanks

Sura

Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Think B, thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it.

I have done this and understand how it works now I think
The analytics look incorrect thought... it seemed to work for a day and then it has stopped recording data even though the ad is still running and getting conversions ...

I will attach screen shots in a shared dropbox folder ... sorry I don't know how to put them in here ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b1wkdg7rrrcnngk/AACubn83khCvu4XfZowLU2CMa?dl=0

I'm not sure what else to add to be of assistance ... I feel like I understand how to get the data ... now I need assistance understanding why it's not collecting Data correctly, I am also about to email my webmaster to see if they can help. I use a platform called rainmaker to tun my site and they do everything for me I just give them the relevant information ...

Best Regards
Ryan C

Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your help Sura ... I have done so in the previous message