1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I am brand new to google analytics and have no idea what I'm doing.
I want to know can I use google analytics to track conversions from my facebook campaigns ... and if so how do I do this ?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards
Ryan Cartlidge

Tracking Conversion

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

You can goto acquisition->All traffic -> Referrals to see the traffic from Facebook. Then to track the conversion ( sale, form submit) you can apply appropriate metrics.

Thanks

Sura

Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for this Sura ...

When you say apply the appropriate metrics what do you mean ... sorry I am a complete novice ... what would be the appropriate metrics ... ?

Best Regards
Ryan C

Tracking Conversion

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ryan, Yes, you can track conversions from facebook in GA.To do this - you need to first go to the Conversion section of GA -->Goals--> Overview. Then create an advanced segment with source - facebook.com. It will help you to see all the goal conversions led by facebook in a single report. See the attached pics to do it by yourself. problem 2.JPGproblem 2.1.JPGIf you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Tracking Conversion

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ryan,

post some screenshots of your ga (hiding website name) by using the above mentioned path. We will have look.

Thanks

Sura

Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Think B, thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it.

I have done this and understand how it works now I think
The analytics look incorrect thought... it seemed to work for a day and then it has stopped recording data even though the ad is still running and getting conversions ...

I will attach screen shots in a shared dropbox folder ... sorry I don't know how to put them in here ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b1wkdg7rrrcnngk/AACubn83khCvu4XfZowLU2CMa?dl=0

I'm not sure what else to add to be of assistance ... I feel like I understand how to get the data ... now I need assistance understanding why it's not collecting Data correctly, I am also about to email my webmaster to see if they can help. I use a platform called rainmaker to tun my site and they do everything for me I just give them the relevant information ...

Best Regards
Ryan C

Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your help Sura ... I have done so in the previous message