AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Cart Abandoned Sales In Experiments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I'm trying to create an experiment for a simple funnel.

Landing Page -> Step 1 Form -> Checkout -> Thank You

Now at the Step 1 form we have a cart abandoned email series that eventually links to a 50% off offer. This offer does not use the same thank you page as the goal is set for.

Two questions:

1. Please can you confirm if customers who go into the cart abandoned but click on the link to go to the full price checkout will be tracked as normal? I think so as they'll just be going back into the funnel where they left and going to the thank you page set in the goal.
  2. Can I track within the same goal/experiment people who leave after completing 'Step 1 Form' and then re-enter at the 50% off page via a link in an email and convert to the 50% off thank you page?

Help much appreciated with this one! We're using Infusionsoft too if that's any use.