Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Track goals via different product pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a situation which I can't seem to figure out on my one. So I am hoping that someone could help me with a good solution.

We have a website with a lot of products(+100) where customers can request a quote for a specific product. And we would like to see which products convert, but I can only track the total number of conversion, via a thank you page. A conversion goes as followed:

product page > thank you for your quote page

We know the total number of quotes we get, but we don't know from which product... Which is something we really would like to see in Analytics. 

My question is: how could we track conversions per product?

Note:

We can retrieve some this information in the reverse goal path segment, but this takes to much time.

We are looking for a solution that is "easy" to set up for a lot of product pages. Because it would take a lot of time if we would have to set something up for each product separately. 

Thank you for your time! It is much appreciated. 

Kind Regards,

Kaspar

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Foursites
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The easiest way would be passing the product name to the thank you page using a query string like thank-you.html?product=productName

Then you will be able to see the nr of page views for each variation under Behavior -> Site Content -> All pages.

You can also send the product name as a custom dimension with your thank you page hit, please check the document below about custom dimensions:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Foursites
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The easiest way would be passing the product name to the thank you page using a query string like thank-you.html?product=productName

Then you will be able to see the nr of page views for each variation under Behavior -> Site Content -> All pages.

You can also send the product name as a custom dimension with your thank you page hit, please check the document below about custom dimensions:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital