AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Track events with Tag (newbie question)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I have set up a tag to track new subscriptions as users click a submit button. The event is tracking correctly in real time google analytics-> events. Since we would like to track it over time and not only in real time, I also set up a goal with the same parameters as the tag (category/action/label) to track it ,  but I don't think it's working. Is this the correct procedure? How/where to I see tag analytics?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track events with Tag (newbie question)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Maria Elena V,

Data won't be available in the standard reports until the data has been processed, which could take up to 24 hours. In the meantime, if you see the event in Real-Time, the you *should* be good, although I would also use a tool like GA Debugger to verify. Make sure you have configured your goal correctly as well, and that the parameters match your event.

Note that goals only convert once per session, so if you went to you site, triggered your event multiple times, then only the first time will be captured in the Goals reports (it will still show up multiple times in your Event report though).

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn