Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Track email address of link clicked on inside email

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Please forgive me as I am a newbie at this but I was wondering if it is possible to be able to track, emails address (as well as date time etc) to those who click on a link inside an email.

I guess you could say as a form of lead scoring. i.e. same email with same link is sent to 100 people & I want to know what people clicked on the link.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Todd

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Todd L
January 2016

Re: Track email address of link clicked on inside email

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Todd,

it is possible though you should never pass PII information to GA so no explicit email address can find its way to GA reports yet you can pass a unique non PII user identifier which you use inside your CRM or mailing app and stitch data in a 3rd party tool.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Todd L
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Todd,

it is possible though you should never pass PII information to GA so no explicit email address can find its way to GA reports yet you can pass a unique non PII user identifier which you use inside your CRM or mailing app and stitch data in a 3rd party tool.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Zorin,
So what your saying is one needs a crm system for this type of thing. Ive had high end systems that have done this sort of thing in the past but I was looking for a cheaper alternative Smiley Happy
Appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.
Have a great day.
Todd