Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Track conversions from an referral link cross multiple domains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I set up conversion goals to track sales made from an referral link that hopping multiple domains?

Here's a use case:

medium.com (Guest post) --> XYZ.com (Product site) --> XYZ_checkout.com (Checkout)

Basically, I need to find out how effective the medium.com guest posts are by tracking the sales conversion made thru the guest posts.

The challenge is the session had to be tracked hopping 3 separate sites. I have site linking setup for both xyz.com and xyzcheckout.com in Google Tag Manager. Both sites have working SSL certs.

Thank you and thanks for helping.
Richard

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Richard,

Is your site, and the checkout, both 2 separate domains? Eg xyz.com and xyzcheckout.com? Do you have access to the checkout site (in which case you should be able to add your GTM or GA code directly, but likely you would have done that already if it was possible...).

If the above doesn't apply, have you ensured that cross domain tracking has been setup within GA/GTM? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

> Is your site, and the checkout, both 2 separate domains? Eg xyz.com and xyzcheckout.com? Do you have access to the checkout site (in which case you should be able to add your GTM or GA code directly, but likely you would have done that already if it was possible...).

Yes.

I guess my question is in GA, how to setup Goals for the sales sent thru medium.com on xyzcheckout.com.

I've tried this, but doesn't seem to be working. What I'm missing exactly?

http://prntscr.com/g0gjn6

Richard