Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Track a conversion after one unique page access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Smiley Happy

I have a question about how to track a  conversion  when user goes to a specific and unique page only with this type of  url : http://mysite.com/specificpage and after goes to my goal page : .*/appointments/[0-9]+$. 

The point is, I do not want to know the complet funnel (I have it), I just want to know how many users I convert when they see one specific page before my goal page. 

When I count my conversion's goal, I do not have only the conversion after user have seen the page /paces but it counts all my conversions, so I think that the step one of my conversion funnel (named : Paces Home - Screen /paces) is ignored. 

Thanks you for your help Smiley Happy

Maxime 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track a conversion after one unique page access

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Maxime,

You can't define a goal based on conditions. That said, if you have goal values set, then the page value metric in the content reports would help you understand, generally, how pages help (higher value indicates the pages were more often in sessions with conversions) the conversion process.

The "first step required" checkbox in the funnel construction only refers to the funnel visualization report.

That said, you could easily build a sequence based segment where you only pulled sessions that had a specific flow through the site using the page dimension.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn