AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Track Same Goal But From Different Source - Adwords to Mailchimp to Booking completion Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone Smiley Happy

I have a good question for you today!

My client has a booking page on their website where people can make an appointment and pay.

I have that goal setup and it's working great. 

Previously I would simply import that goal to adwords and be done with it but I'm trying a new strategy. 

I'm sending adwords traffic to a landing page where the person can enter their email for a special offer. 

They are immediately taken to the booking form but on a different page (it's called Launch27 and you can embed the booking form, so i created a different booking page for that).

At the same time the email is sent to mailchimp and a series of emails is started (all the utm parameters are added to every email).

Now, I can't change the url of where they are sent after booking - it's a actually a virtual pageview (although I am using an event to track the goal). 

So whats the best way to setup all this tracking so that adwords can track conversions?

Do i need a seperate a goal or can i continue to use the one I have (it's reporting in adwords currently). 

I'm a little bit lost atm and would appreciate any guidance Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

David