Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Track Same Goal But From Different Source - Adwords to Mailchimp to Booking completion Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone Smiley Happy

I have a good question for you today!

My client has a booking page on their website where people can make an appointment and pay.

I have that goal setup and it's working great. 

Previously I would simply import that goal to adwords and be done with it but I'm trying a new strategy. 

I'm sending adwords traffic to a landing page where the person can enter their email for a special offer. 

They are immediately taken to the booking form but on a different page (it's called Launch27 and you can embed the booking form, so i created a different booking page for that).

At the same time the email is sent to mailchimp and a series of emails is started (all the utm parameters are added to every email).

Now, I can't change the url of where they are sent after booking - it's a actually a virtual pageview (although I am using an event to track the goal). 

So whats the best way to setup all this tracking so that adwords can track conversions?

Do i need a seperate a goal or can i continue to use the one I have (it's reporting in adwords currently). 

I'm a little bit lost atm and would appreciate any guidance Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

David