AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Track HTML Form Submission Without Thank you page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a question for you, one of my client have a landing page where we are sending paid traffic to. There are two conversions we are planning to have in that page. 1st one is click to call, and the other one is, form submission. The problem is, I am not sure how to track form submission, because its a HTML form, and after you fill up the form, it does not go to thank you page. The page stays there, and once you filled up the form. For your reference, here is the webpage

I would like to track this form in Google Analytics. I am not into GTM, so please any solutions that will apply on website or GA would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers!

Anil

Re: Track HTML Form Submission Without Thank you page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can use event tracking to fire when the button on the form is clicked and then just track that event as a goal

Here's the help on event tracking - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide#intro

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Simon,

But what if people don't complete the form and they just clicking on the form button, I know the form wont go through and show error of completing the fields. I can use the event tracking but i am not sure if event tracking would fire when the button on the form is clicked?
Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah that is an issue. You can get round it in GTM using a Form submit
tracker that will check for validation. You can use a _onsubmit to fire the
event but if the form doesn't validate then you will just be tracking that
they clicked the button. so either change the form to redirect to a tank
you page, use GTM or just be aware that all your goals might not be
validated forms.