Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Total number of transactions not matching with total number of transaction IDs

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, what could be the reasons behind mismatch of total number of transactions figure more than the total number of transactions IDs available in the report?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You may have multiple transactions with the same id, you won't see them in the transactions report but they are visible on a timeline when you select the date range that includes the duplicates. If a duplicate happens in the same session then GA filters it out. But if it happens in a different session (user reloads the receipt page after 30+ minutes of inactivity, comes back from a bookmark...) then the duplicate will be recorded. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Total number of transactions not matching with total number of transaction IDs

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you. I am not very clear about seeing them on a timeline minus the duplicates? Or, to know which ones are duplicate? Should i consider the number of transaction ids as my final number of transactions?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, if your transaction IDs are unique, you can consider the nr of tracked transaction IDs as the nr of transactions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital