AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Time of Goal Completions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to identify goal completions by source. For example, if we're running PPC, SEO & social media campaigns, how can we determine exactly which form submissions (goal conversion) are coming from which source?

Thank you - Matt

Re: Time of Goal Completions

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

You can find this information if you open Acquisition -> All traffic -> Source / Medium report in Google Analytics. There you can find which goal conversions are coming from which sources. If you would like to analyze specific campaigns, open Acquisition -> Campaigns -> All campaigns.

analytics sources and goals.png

If you would like to dig deeper, check out the conversion tab. There you can find reports that allow you to compare how different attribution models impact the valuation of your marketing channels.

deeper insights.png

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Taavi.

What I'm trying to do is work out exactly which quote form requests came
from PPC. The data I can see only gives me whole numbers by source but how
do I know which of these emails were the PPC ones?

[image: Inline image 1]

In the screenshot above, I can see 24 have come from PPC, but which ones
are they when I look in my inbox? If GA time-stamped them then I could
match them up with the time received in my inbox but I can't so I have no
way of knowing which are the PPC emails and which are the organic ones etc.

I hope that makes sense.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

I created a custom report for you: Check it out. You can change the transactions metric and use your own goal there if you want.

If it's not enough, you can use GTM and hit timestamp to get even more accurate results. It needs a bit more technical knowledge. Recommend you discussing it with your developers first before implementing it: http://tigerslayer.com/hit-timestamps-in-google-analytics/

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions. Smiley Happy

Taavi