Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Time, Hour, Minute Definitions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When an ecommerce transaction occurs, does Google Analytics record the time of the purchase? Reviewing the various time dimensions/metrics available, and their definitions, I cannot find what these recorded times actually mean. Is it the start of the Users' sessions? Does GA record the actual time an ecommerce transaction occurs, or a goal?

If I pull Transaction ID, Date, Hour, Minute into a custom report, what is that actually telling me? 

Thanks,

Scott

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott T
1w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The time dimensions report the time of the 'hit', so if you have an ecommerce transaction ID in your report, it would be the time that the transaction itself was recorded.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott T
1w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The time dimensions report the time of the 'hit', so if you have an ecommerce transaction ID in your report, it would be the time that the transaction itself was recorded.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.