AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Thank you page goal tracking not working.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My thank you page goal is not working. All the goals till checkout are working fine but once the user comes back from payment gateway, the thank you goal is not recorded. Attached is the setting of the goal. The thankyou page link is: https://bookybookids.com/thankyou?<parameters from paymentgateway>

I tried testing by purchasing the product myself, GA real time shows the URL of the thankyou page and I checked on thank you page with Ghostery the tag is firing.

Please advice on what can be done to register the conversion.

ThanksScreen Shot 2017-07-16 at 8.36.23 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Can you see those thank you pages in your pages report?

Behavior -> Content -> All Pages

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yeah I can see three of those pages with the URL containing parameters from the payment gateway but the number of successful transactions are much higher.

I have checked the data for last 3 days.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neeraj,

If it is unique, Maybe update it to Regular expression and see how much more accurate it gets.  If you thank you page DOMready speed is too low then this can also cause inaccurate results. Also as part of trouble shooting is it possible to track the submit button of the form and then compare the two?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure I can change it to regular expression. When i change from exact match to regular expression, do I need to use the same url name "thankyou" or I need to add something more to it.

The tracking seems fine till checkout page. 

How can I see the DOMready speed for the thank you page?

Thanks

Re: Thank you page goal tracking not working.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neeraj,

Yes, use the same name /thank-you

So see the DOMready speed you can use the INSPECT option in Google Chrome (Right Click and then Inspect). Under the network tab you can set the settings in my image and then refresh the page. At the bottom in blue, Chrome will indicate the DOMready speed.Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 2.09.38 PM.png