Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tag manager not connecting to GA, events not tracked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Community,

I've been facing several issues connecting Tag Manager to the events and then to goals.

Firstly, when Tag Manager is enabled to show whether it's actually working on the page, it shows the errors of:

Invalid or missing account ID
Code found outside of <body> tag

The first one can be explained (according to the info provided) with: "NOTE: If your container ID (i.e. what’s referenced here as ‘account ID’) is of format GTM-XXXXXXX, where the portion after ‘GTM-’ is longer than 6 characters, you may see this error unnecessarily. This false error will be resolved in a future update. In the meantime, as long as your container ID follows the correct format as described below, you may ignore this error." Which is the case, because there are 7 characters after GTM- .
As for the 2nd error, the piece of code is actually in the <body>, so no idea what's wrong.

Secondly, the events are not tracked in Analytics and if the TM actually works, I'm not sure why it happens. Shouldn't it be automatic once TM is firing?

Thirdly, once these issues are solved, how do I connect events to the goals foron Form submit tracking? Will it give basic tracking of the acquisition of the ones who submitted the form?

Thank you very much for your time,

Anastasia.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, what's the URL for the site?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Julien, 

The url is https://goo.gl/JTgk9P

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Your tracking code is fine.

Your GA pageview tag is firing.

Can you see the event in your events reports in Behavior > Events?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Julien, 

Thanks for the reply!

I do not see any events registered, all on zero.