AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Sudden dropped of visitors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Please help me.

I am running a hindi website. I had have good visitor on this site from 3rd may. but suddenly from 19 May traffic had been dropped. I am not able to find the error. where is the issue!!! my website is dilsedeshi dot com.

Please help me.

Thanks

Keshav Gupta

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Keshav G
June 2016

Re: Sudden dropped of visitors

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hey Keshav,

The person who coded the website should be able to find 12684553-2 for you - they've added it to the code, not directly, but through a link. If you aren't able to find it, modify two lines in the UA-77280720-1 code.

These are the current lines:
ga('create', 'UA-77280720-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

Change them to:
ga('create', 'UA-77280720-1', 'auto', 'AsliTracker');
ga('AsliTracker.send', 'pageview');

Essentially you're naming the tracker, so whenever you want to give it specific commands, you'll have to do it through the name "AsliTracker". you can call it anything else, I just named it AsliTracker as an example. This will force Analytics to send the second pageview to 77280720-1, rather than the tracker 12684553-2 that was created before it.

It's also possible that there's just a filter created in your account that's blocking the traffic from being recorded in your account, so you might want to check that first. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en

Cheers,
Arjun

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hey Keshav,

You should ideally find your traffic in the property UA-77280720-1. If not, it's because there's another code being fired (not universal analytics but the ga.js code) 12684553-2 - which is where the traffic may be going. I wasn't able to find the code for the tag 12684553-2 on your site, which means it's running through some external script linked to the homepage.

You need to either:
1) Find and remove the code for 12684553-2 OR
2) implement tracking for multiple codes by naming them, like so: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/creating-trackers#working_w...

Cheers,
Arjun

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please help me out. I couldn't find 12684553-2 this code in my website.

Please explain second method in your simple words.

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Keshav G
June 2016

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hey Keshav,

The person who coded the website should be able to find 12684553-2 for you - they've added it to the code, not directly, but through a link. If you aren't able to find it, modify two lines in the UA-77280720-1 code.

These are the current lines:
ga('create', 'UA-77280720-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

Change them to:
ga('create', 'UA-77280720-1', 'auto', 'AsliTracker');
ga('AsliTracker.send', 'pageview');

Essentially you're naming the tracker, so whenever you want to give it specific commands, you'll have to do it through the name "AsliTracker". you can call it anything else, I just named it AsliTracker as an example. This will force Analytics to send the second pageview to 77280720-1, rather than the tracker 12684553-2 that was created before it.

It's also possible that there's just a filter created in your account that's blocking the traffic from being recorded in your account, so you might want to check that first. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en

Cheers,
Arjun

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Arjun,

I have done it. but still same issue.

please suggest me what can i do?

Thanks
Keshav

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please help me.. problem not solved yet..

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Hey Keshav,

I checked the site and it's working well for the site with the Analytics id UA-77280720-1. If you're checking the Analytics account for this code and still can't see any pageview data, please reach out to Analytics support as they're need to check your Analytics account directly. There could be two issues:
1) You've set up a User ID view which collects data for only hits linked to a User ID. You can check this from under Admin > View Settings > User ID tracking enabled.
2) There's a view level or account level filter that's blocking the traffic sent from the collect tags triggered on the website pageload. (more probable)

Cheers,
Arjun

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I found another tracking code and removed it.

Now analytic working fine.

Thanks a lot Arjun..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arjun,

Please give analytic support link.

Thanks
Keshav

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee
Hey Keshav, as you mentioned it's working fine, you won't need to contact them. However, if you do still need to, please create an AdWords account, and use this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Best,
Arjun