Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop in historical traffic data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We suddenly noted a drop of 30% in historical traffic data, Can anyone facing the same issue ? 

Any suggestions to resolve the same ?

to be specific, yesterday we have rcvd XXX visitors & we noted the number in this morning, just few seconds back, when we again checked, there is drop of 30% in the data we have noted for yesterday.

Any help ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, we are seeing this too, last night we checked our Google organic traffic for the 25/10/16 and was about 1900 approx organic sessions with 2 hours to go until the end of the analytics day, in the morning for the same day its showing as only 1600 (exactly) google organic sessions.

Today seems to be the same, when I refresh the count its always lower than it is when looking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Karl,

Yes, Same with me. Just had a chat with Google representative & they are looking into the issue. Looking forward to see some positive response from team Google. 

All other historical data before 25th is same (no change), only from 25th this is happening & its happening today as well. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we've seen the same issue with a -50% change on yesterday's numbers across all metrics from when they were checked late last night.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have seen the same issue yesterday - with screenshots showing the data disappearing from day to day. Please let us know if you hear anything back from Google Pankaj!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed the same problem for our sites today. Came into work  this morning and the numbers were half of what they were when I left work last night. The only date that seems to be affected is 10/25. My other days seem the same as before.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please let me know i you hear any resolution. I am conerned!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anybody seen changes with this? My numbers are still coming through the same, which are still down from what they were yesterday when I had looked...

Re: Sudden drop in historical traffic data

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, i have been looking at this in a bit more detail, it looks like an issue with users that have been on my site before not registering in Google analytics, the new user sessions have gone through the roof.

Since January 2016 our daily average is 60% but yesterday it rocketed up to 88.02% my site has never been above 62% in 8 years.

Can you guys check your New Sessions to see if your seeing the same? 

Screenshot 2016-10-26 20.45.01.png

Re: Sudden drop in historical traffic data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem and New/Returning visitor rate is even higher

ga-data.jpg