AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Subdomain Landing Page and Thank You Page Goal Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to set up goals so we can track landing page and thank you page views.

We use a subdomain hosted by Marketo for both landing pages and thank you pages, let's call it: "offers.mysite.com"

Each landing page and thank you page has a unique URL.

• Each landing page for an offer looks like: "offers.mysite.com/name-of-offer"
  • Each thank you page for an offer looks like "offers.mysite.com/thank-you-name-of-offer"

So all of our thank you pages begin with: "offers.mysite.com/thank-you"

Thinking that I can easily set up a goal for thank you pages by setting it to destination begins with "offers.mysite.com/thank-you"

But what would the goal look like for landing page views?

I don't want to include thank you page views, so the logic would be: URL begins with "offers.mysite.com" but does not contain "thank-you"

Is there a way to do this with regular expression (or something in GA) ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Subdomain Landing Page and Thank You Page Goal Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Colin,

This regex will match every URL that contains offers.mysite.com except those starting with offers.mysite.com/thank-you

^offers.mysite.com/(?!thank-you)(.*)

Hope this helps

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital