1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Stuck on Loading Screen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I often see GA get stuck on the loading screen:https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqjbr1uts3j8qw2/Screenshot%202016-07-24%2008.05.47.png?dl=0

And then this error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/83bwj122u64mdd2/Screenshot%202016-07-24%2008.06.16.png?dl=0

Can anyone help and advise please? Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Stuck on Loading Screen

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Try the following:
#1 - Try testing the same report with different dates & report detail level. If it still isn't working try the suggestions below. If it does work with other dates Universal Analytics may still be processing your data (it looks like you hit a massive spike in traffic during the time peroid listed) and it may take some time to process.
#2 - Try rebuilding your custom report
#3 - Clear cookies & cache
#4 - Log out and then back into GA
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Stuck on Loading Screen

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Jermaine B,

Data request failure error occurs as a result of manipulating large amount of data within google analytics, to solve these issues try applying the following

- When comparing data, try using shorter date-range

- Reduce the number of segments applied on data, especially advanced segments to reduce time required to generate reports

- Change sample size of data so that it loads data more quickly

- Minimize the number of filters applied to different reports and dashboard so that data manipulation time can be reduced and it takes less time to load.

Fixing above issues will surely help reduce the time google analytics takes to load data and help avoid error in future.

If this solved the issue let me know by giving a star Smiley Happy