Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Strange data in First Interaction in Model Comparasion Tool

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have created a new site and we are doing an Ad Campaign in Facebook Ads. My problem is that when I go to Google Analytics to analyze my traffic with the Model Comparasion Tool and I click to First Interaction Model all my traffic comes from Direct traffic when I know that this is not real because all traffic comes from Facebook and Instagram in the first interaction.

Here you have a image capture. What can be happening? 

2016-02-16_1824.png

EDIT:

I found this article that can be related with my problem.

Thanks.

Re: Strange data in First Interaction in Model Comparasion Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ekaitz,
As I told David, in this post https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Using-AdWords-with-Google/Social-Media-Dashboard-Question/... ,

What you can do is to create an URL with the URL Builder (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en) so, when you share a link to your website, you use the url you create.
If the URL is to long, I recommend you to use Bitly

I hope this is what you need

Regards

Re: Strange data in First Interaction in Model Comparasion Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I understand how Google Analytics knows where the traffic comes from. However, what I am finding an issue with is that the statistics from Google Analytics are simply inaccurate and I need help fixing it.

My website is a new platform with little to none active users (this is clear from my returning users stats) but Google Analytics says (as per screenshot) that 60 per cent of my traffic comes directly to my website. This is inaccurate as I am spending a lot of money in Social Campaigns (Facebook). To be able to see the efficiency of my campaigns it is necessary for me to make sure this statistics are accurate. They simply are not right now. Could you please help me either explain why the direct percentage is so high or how can I fix this?

Thank you.