Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Source of new signups via google account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up a sign up goal to my website using any method (direct, facebook, google) 
the problem is when a user signing up using his google account, in source report it shows that the source is accounts.google.com so I can't know the main source of traffic . about 50% of new signups daily are via google account , how can I get the main source of user ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Source of new signups via google account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Go to Admin > Property > Tracking info > Referral Exclusion List and from there add accounts.google.com as new exclusion 

Screenshot 2016-10-13 09.10.24.png

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already did that , does this return main source ? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This should make accounts.google.com act as direct traffic and therefore count the original traffic source as conversion source

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried this referral exclusion method but the number of sign-ups did not match up between Google Analytics and the website database (GA got less sign-up conversion then the reality). So it seems that when we exclude accounts.google.com, any sign up from it will not be counted as conversion.