Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Source/medium get lost in e-commerce reporting

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

I have setup cross-domain tracking between a site and an external web shop. Next I have defined a 'goal/conversion' linked to the final success URL after a purchase.

E-commerce reporting has also been enabled and implemented and I do get correct data from transactions in the e-commerce reporting showing all details about the transactions and product.

When looking at the Goal reporting for successful transactions I do see the correct original source/medium (e.g. google/cpc).

However, when looking at the e-commerce reporting it seems like the original source/medium get overwritten into direct/none for every transaction. I find this very strange because it is correct in the goals reporting for the same transaction, but not in the e-commerce reporting.

Anyone encountered this problem before?

I would love to hear what could be causing this false reporting in e-commerce Analytics.

Thank you!

Bram

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Source/medium get lost in e-commerce reporting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

only thing I can think of is that your eCom code is run before the actual tracking code... Can you verify if this is the case?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I will check if this is the case.
But do you have any idea why all other e-commerce data is correct? If the script is loaded before, then wouldn't all the e-commerce data be missing?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Sorry, just the gut feeling...
--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Do you have any updates regarding this problem? Thx

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

thx for the reminder. Just another gut feeling:

How have you implemented the eCom tracking? via GTM? 

If you do an advanced segment where the rule is sessions with transactions > 0

what do you see? What are the landing pages? are the metrics alright? 

direct / none is there because GA cannot identify any source for it. I suspect that the ecom tracking is somehow disconnected from the rest of the tracking...

--