AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Source/medium follow-through

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I currently have a PPC campaign that clicks through to a number of landing pages I set up via Instapage. These landing pages then link through to the main site. Initially I was using source/medium utm's at each stage (ppc=google/cpc instapage=?instapageid?/instapage). However because we currently use a last click attribution model, conversions are being attributed to the Instapages instead of PPC. If I only added a source UTM to the instapage->main site, would the original medium of "cpc" from the PPC campaign still be attributed to conversions?

I should also mention that links into the Instapages won't always be PPC, so adding a second medium of "cpc" is a no-go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam T
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Sam T,

I am assuming you are using the custom domain name in instapage which is same as your website.

You can use UTM for the traffic from PPC campaigns --> InstaPages
 &
Use Analytics Events for Instapages -- > Main Site. (using UTMs here will override the previous ones)

This will ensure that the original source/medium/campaigns (of visitors entering instapage) are retained. 

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Ritwik B

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam T
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Sam T,

I am assuming you are using the custom domain name in instapage which is same as your website.

You can use UTM for the traffic from PPC campaigns --> InstaPages
 &
Use Analytics Events for Instapages -- > Main Site. (using UTMs here will override the previous ones)

This will ensure that the original source/medium/campaigns (of visitors entering instapage) are retained. 

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Ritwik B

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great suggestions thanks @Ritwik B