2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Smart goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have had over 500 clicks but states smart goal not available.

Do you need top set up adwords as well?

also why are the answers not searchable in this forum???

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Smart goal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Prerequisites for using Smart Goals
To use Smart Goals, you'll need to meet certain prerequisites and complete the following actions:

1. Link your Analytics and AdWords account(s).
  2. The linked AdWords account must have sent at least 500 clicks to the selected Analytics view over the past 30 days before you can set up Smart Goals.
    If the linked account falls below 250 clicks over the past 30 days for the selected view, Smart Goals will be deactivated until the clicks rise again to 500 or more.
  3. The reporting view must not receive more than 10 million sessions in 30 days.
  4. The Data Sharing setting Google products and services must be turned on for your Analytics account. 

Ref: Prerequisites for using Smart Goals

The Google Analytics Help Center is searchable, search box is at the top of it's pages.

Not sure what you mean by answers not being searchable in the forum?
There is a search box at the top of forum labelled Search the community,

which will return answers based on community user's questions.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Smart goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Meet all requirements but still inactive.

Smart goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem!! 

Smart goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What do you mean "..at least 500 clicks to the selected Analytics view over the past 30 days" ?
It must be 30 days longer ... and ... have more than 500 clicks within 30 days past
- or -
have more than 500 clicks within 30 days past
eg. a week with 700 clicks

???

In my case,

I just started Adwords for 5 days and have about 700 clicks, but the smart goal is not available.

Smart goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What's the reason for this? I see the same issue with our client account. There is over 1000 clicks in past 30 days (However, most of these are concentrated in one particular week). All the other prerequisites are checked.