AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Smart Goals - Will They Work Without Standard Goals?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys, I have activated Smart Goals for one of our clients and started gathering data. Hopefully by Monday I will have something there.

Will it work if there are no standard goals set up in the GA? If yes - how and why? What will the system base its decision on when classifying "YES" or "NO"? If the algorithm is creating a list of parameters and also required metrics to be included in the list of Smart Goals, what sort of data is actually analysed if the system does not know what the actual conversion is?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Smart Goals - Will They Work Without Standard Goals?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nika,

please refer to the official guide for any questions (most are answered in the article) - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6153083?hl=en.

In short:
Will it work if no other GA goals are present? Yes.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net