AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am working on setting up sign up conversions on my website.I have a single signup page for multiple channels like facebook, inbound, google etc,  meaning all the users are directed to the same page after signing up. However, the number of sign ups shown in GA is less (half) than actual sign-ups. I have checked goal set up as 'create an account' , goal description as 'Destination' , and goal details under regular expression.could you help me in figuring out the problem and possible solution to it. Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
When you say they are less than half.. are you referring to a goal funnel that you have created?
If so and you have checked the first step as being required.. then only the goals that complete the first

step will show as a conversion in the funnel.
This does not apply to the other goal reports, just the funnel report.

If that is not the case, can you pls provide more details such as the actual goal setup eg the clear screenshot of the funnel setup with the regex being used

and a link to the web page that has the signup form that is being tracked

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Sign up conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for responding. My aim is to track no. of users that sign up on our
website in a day. For which I have set up a goal in GA. From my previous
post what I meant is the no. of sign ups shown in GA (the goal that I have
set up to track conversion) is lesser than actual people who signed up on a
particular day. For example, GA shows 50 and actual people (from
the database) that signed up are 105.

I understood your point in checking the first step as 'required' but here
the case is opposite meaning GA shows fewer sign-ups than actual.

Here are the screenshots of a goal that I set.

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

[image: Inline image 3]

These are the links that follow after sign-up:
https://abc.com/search/rentals/?new_user=true&price_max=3500.00&bedrooms=2&bathrooms=None
https://abc.com/search/sales/?new_user=true&price_max=1500.00&bedrooms=0&bathrooms=None

Let me know if you require any further specifications.
Request your help on this. Again, thanks Bronwyn for getting back.

Best,
Nishant S