AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Should I use multiple tracking codes for one website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to install Google Analytics on my company's career site. I want to track traffic, number of hits, landing pages, exit pages, etc. In order to accomplish that, do I need to create a tracking code for each page separately or can I use the same code on all the pages? If I use the same code, how do the Analytics know where the user entered and exited from? Please advise. I'd really appreciate all the help!

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lynda W
February 2016

Re: Should I use multiple tracking codes for one website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
One tracking code per website is the norm. All of what you are looking for is available in the standard reports. Click the scholar's cap in the upper right corner to get a good overview of the various reports and metrics.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lynda W
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
One tracking code per website is the norm. All of what you are looking for is available in the standard reports. Click the scholar's cap in the upper right corner to get a good overview of the various reports and metrics.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lynda,
I'm completely agreed with Mike's answer. Only one account is enough for all the reports that you are looking for.

If you want to know which of your pages people come from when they end up please follow below steps.

1. Log into your Google Analytics Account
2. Click on Behavior (left hand side navigation)
3. Click on All Pages
5. Above your visual graph, you should see a tab called Navigation Summary -> click on that

hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Santosh. I will try your suggestions!