AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Shopify e-commerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client is having an issue where shopify e-commerce data is not being seen by google analytics. It started working randomly for like a month and then went away again. I am looking for someone who might have some experience with this integration. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Shopify e-commerce

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please check if Google Analytics is configured properly in Shopify settings:

https://help.shopify.com/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics/google-analytics-setup

Let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Shopify e-commerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have checked and it would appear all settings are correct. Shopify support also confirmed this to the best of their knowledge. 

Shopify e-commerce

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

It can happen that there is a render-blocking javascript on the thankyou page and the user closes the page before the ecommerce tracking code has a chance to execute and to send the data to Google Analytics. I would suggest to make test orders and investigate if there is such a resource on the page. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Shopify e-commerce

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Bradford B,

Arnold is spot on with his advice. 

To add to it, we troubleshoot the entire checkout process with the Google Chrome browser extension, Google Tag Assistant. Turn on recordings and use your website as a user would, add items to cart, complete the checkout to the very end... then review and audit the Tag Assistant data. You should be able to find the issue. 

Get Tag Assistant

Support File Tag Asissant

All the Best,

James