Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Shopify Analytics Goal Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to integrate my Shopify account into my google analytics account specifically use goals and track goal conversions. However, I am unable to do so.  I have put in the google tracking info code into my Shopify account but to no avail. Specifically, I want Google Analytics to track my Shopify Thank You page.

I have consulted documentation online but they only show me how to create a new google analytics account and then go about creating a goal. However, I don't want to do that since it adds so much complexity to my Google Analytics account since I use Charge bee and Shopify for customer purchases. I want to integrate Shopify purchase goal tracking into my existing company Google Analytics account.

Below are screenshots of problems I am facing.

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 11.26.16 AM.pngCheckout VersionScreen Shot 2016-05-31 at 11.26.22 AM.pngGoal Verification

Below is the link for the Shopify store within Google analytics:

https://checkout.shopify.com/12105358/checkouts/ab7c7ca71960403aa86c1bc3ca70bafe/thank_you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopify Analytics Goal Conversion

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Is this your GA ID UA-****5328-1? The only data you can see is your own or have access to in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that is my GA ID. I dont get why you say the thing about accessing other data. I just need the shopify account to integrate in my GA

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I just wanted to confirm if that GA ID was yours or not because I've seen a lot of instances where users put in a URL of a site in which their GA code isn't installed on their thank you page.
Have there been any conversions/orders on your site for the last 7 days?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that is my GA ID.

Nope. It shows a 0% conversion rate.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I noticed that you also didn't set-up the Goal URL correctly if you are using Regular Expression
checkout.shopify.com\/12105358\/checkouts\/ab7c7ca71960403aa86c1bc3ca70bafe\/thank_you
^Does this Thank you page generate a dynamic URL every time a new order comes? Find out if it is because you would then have to change your regular expression

and If there hasn't been any orders for the last 7 days then you won't be able to verify it until you get a conversion

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Unless The Goal URL is being rewritten with the domain name included, the page would not appear with the https//checkout.shopify.com portion. Confirm the URL as Google Analytics sees it by checking your Behavior > All Pages report and enter what GA is displaying.

Goal URL: (note that forward slashes do not need to be escaped)
/12105358/checkouts/ab7c7ca71960403aa86c1bc3ca70bafe/thank_you

Also - that particular URL looks suspiciously like it is coded for a specific user's individual purchase. Make sure (in the Behavior report) that it is the same URL for multiple purchases. You may need to make it more generic like (.*)/thank_you
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Where do I find the behaviour report ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shehryar B
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Sorry for the short term -- the Behavior > Site Content > All Pages report contains all pages viewed on your site. You can filter by 'checkout' by typing the word in the 'advanced' filter box just above the table.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So i get all these 10 pages:

1-/checkout 825(59.65%)

2-/trubrain.com/focus-checkout/trubrain.com 495(35.79%)

3-/checkout/contact_information 22(1.59%)

4-/checkout/thank_you 15(1.08%)

5-/checkout/payment 9(0.65%)

6-/checkout/shipping 8(0.58%)

7-/checkout/processing 5(0.36%)

8-/12105358/checkouts/trubrain.com 3(0.22%)

9-/12105358/checkouts 1(0.07%)

Could you let me know which one I should choose ?