2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up a new goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set up a new goal for my website but there is no red button that comes up that says "+ New Goals" it is just blank. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 10.19.14 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt S
May 2016

Re: Setting up a new goal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Matt, that may likely mean that you don't have at least EDIT rights at the View level. You will need to contact the administrator to have your access adjusted so that you can add new goals. Note that access can be at the Account, Property, or View level. For adjust goals, I believe you only need View level edit access.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt S
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Matt, that may likely mean that you don't have at least EDIT rights at the View level. You will need to contact the administrator to have your access adjusted so that you can add new goals. Note that access can be at the Account, Property, or View level. For adjust goals, I believe you only need View level edit access.

Hope this helps.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer! I will contact the administrator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nicky,

Im trying to set up a goal, I have the access rights, but I cant seem to scroll to my industry or time zone... it only shows me to finance. Do you have any ideas why this would be please, I am the Administrator.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi, Richard,

Can you post a screenshot of where you are seeing this?

Do you have full admin rights (at the ACCOUNT level)?