Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up a new goal a couple days ago, and no data show still.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance. 

My problem is I setting up a new goal on Friday (Mar. 31), with Destination URL: Regular Expression: .*encSource=13586.*   We want to track the traffic one of our microsite, which is a low traffic website, to our website,  so we give it a encounter source number 13586. Still not show any data in this goal. Can anyone tell me is there something wrong with this goal set up?  or any fix solutions? 

Thanks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matthew,

The destination URL, is that a parameter encSource=13586?

Can you provide more information or some screen shots. Have you checked that the destination URL appears within your reports?

Thanks,

Adam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply. This encSource=13586 is a parameter. We try to test two unique encSource numbers, each attached to one destination url for the referral tracking. So I set up 2 goals with regex like:" .*encSource=13586.* to tracking which referral links have higher traffic?

Thanks,

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matthew,

Just so I understand your requirements I just want to clarify my understanding.

You want to track traffic from one of your micro sites to your main website?

MicroSite --> MainSite?

If this is the case you should be able to view the referral traffic within the acquisition reports.

You can also segment this traffic by source and type the domain in.

Also, why do you want to track the amount of traffic as a goal? 

Thanks,

A