AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I set up goals in Analytics and I would like to track the funnel from a specific directory.

I tried with this ^/goals/.* but there is not hit at all from this step whereas in payment step I can see "enter from /goals/example.php

Did I miss something ? 

Re: Setting up Goals

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jude,

Is this a new goal you recently set up, and ran a test on? If so, it could be just a timing issue, as there can be some data latency. Have you used the "Verify Goal" feature to see if it captures any completions from the past 7 days? If it does tell you that there would have been X% completions, then it may just be a data latency issue.

Hope this is helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alexander, 

Thank you for your help.

I set the goal on Friday and when I verify I have indeed a percentage (different from 0) based on the last 7 days.

I have set 3 goals at the same time, the following url are at step one :

• goal 1 : index wrote / => for this one the funnel is ok
  • goal 2 : example 1 wrote ^/example1/.* set as mandatory step
  • goal 3 : example 1 wrote ^/example1/.* not set as mandatory step

For 2 and 3 the step 1 is 0 but the rest (cart + payment) it's ok. That's why I think that it's a problem with the regular expression but I can't find another synthax for directories.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jude,

It would be helpful to see the actual process on the website. Would you mind sharing the website with me, and letting me know which specific URLs you're working on? I can try going thru the funnel process on my end to see if I notice anything that may be causing the issue?

Regards,
Alex