5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I set up goals in Analytics and I would like to track the funnel from a specific directory.

I tried with this ^/goals/.* but there is not hit at all from this step whereas in payment step I can see "enter from /goals/example.php

Did I miss something ? 

Re: Setting up Goals

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jude,

Is this a new goal you recently set up, and ran a test on? If so, it could be just a timing issue, as there can be some data latency. Have you used the "Verify Goal" feature to see if it captures any completions from the past 7 days? If it does tell you that there would have been X% completions, then it may just be a data latency issue.

Hope this is helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alexander, 

Thank you for your help.

I set the goal on Friday and when I verify I have indeed a percentage (different from 0) based on the last 7 days.

I have set 3 goals at the same time, the following url are at step one :

• goal 1 : index wrote / => for this one the funnel is ok
  • goal 2 : example 1 wrote ^/example1/.* set as mandatory step
  • goal 3 : example 1 wrote ^/example1/.* not set as mandatory step

For 2 and 3 the step 1 is 0 but the rest (cart + payment) it's ok. That's why I think that it's a problem with the regular expression but I can't find another synthax for directories.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jude,

It would be helpful to see the actual process on the website. Would you mind sharing the website with me, and letting me know which specific URLs you're working on? I can try going thru the funnel process on my end to see if I notice anything that may be causing the issue?

Regards,
Alex