AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Goals

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a goal. It started reporting after some time. I later changed the goal value, the destination link type to "begins with", and the name of the goal. I saved the goal, but it still its is not showing any of the changes i made. The goal value still shows as the previous figure, the name did not change, and the funnel visualization is still showing users exiting at a dynamic url. Why is this so?

P.S: I set the destination link type to begins with /thank-you-special-offer

But it is a dynamic url which changes per email address like this:

thank-you-special-offer?cf_uvid=8579e1ed1178f73b5bacfd8d8c52666b&email=fredozen@yahoo.co.uk

Does this mean anything?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting up Goals

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Lawani N,

Can you post a screenshot of your goal configuration to help with troubleshooting?
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do i correctly set up the URL so they are being properly tracked?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lawani, I'm not sure yet that's why I wanted to see the current configuration first. Can you post that please?
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I could not upload the screenshots directly here. So please check them here on imgur http://imgur.com/a/8sVhu