AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting conversions to show the original Source/Medium

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a solid method of reporting spend to revenue for each of our advertising channels, one that will display the original Source/Medium as the cause for each conversion, and not the last click Source/Medium as the cause. In other words, as shown in the screenshot below I can see that the revenue came in as Facebook Advert / Lookalike > (direct/none)

But when I look at Conversions > Transactions it credits the sale to (direct/none) - But in my book the sale was caused by the Facebook advert, the issue is that I can't see this until I check Multi-Channel Funnels > Assisted Conversions

Is there a simpler way of viewing all of the transactions for a time period and setting the conversion Source/Medium to the first one and not the last? Especially for the paid Source/Mediums

multi-channel-funnels.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting conversions to show the original Source/Medium

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alastair,

Check the assisted-conversions report, and the attribution section where you may use the model comparison tool to test last-interaction data vs. first-interaction data.

Christoph