Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting conversions to show the original Source/Medium

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a solid method of reporting spend to revenue for each of our advertising channels, one that will display the original Source/Medium as the cause for each conversion, and not the last click Source/Medium as the cause. In other words, as shown in the screenshot below I can see that the revenue came in as Facebook Advert / Lookalike > (direct/none)

But when I look at Conversions > Transactions it credits the sale to (direct/none) - But in my book the sale was caused by the Facebook advert, the issue is that I can't see this until I check Multi-Channel Funnels > Assisted Conversions

Is there a simpler way of viewing all of the transactions for a time period and setting the conversion Source/Medium to the first one and not the last? Especially for the paid Source/Mediums

multi-channel-funnels.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting conversions to show the original Source/Medium

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alastair,

Check the assisted-conversions report, and the attribution section where you may use the model comparison tool to test last-interaction data vs. first-interaction data.

Christoph