Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting conversion funnel in multilingual sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning everyone,

I created my conversion goal and I want to configure the funnel for that goal but my site is multilengual and I don't know show can I specify a regular expression for steps URLs

My funnel steps are:

I will add examples of english  and french languages but I've about 19 languages available on the site

Page name                    English                                     French

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Home page                   /                                               /fr/

- Result page                  /en/results/                              /fr/results/

- Product page               /en/product/                            /fr/product/

- Checkout page:           /en/booking/                           /fr/booking/

- Confirmation page:      /en/confirmation/                   /fr/confirmation/

That's my funnel flow and I tried to add steps like this:

Step 1: ^/([a-z]{2})/

Step 2: ^/([a-z]{2})/results/

Step 3:^/([a-z]{2})/product/

Step 4: ^/([a-z]{2})/booking/

Step 5: ^/([a-z]{2})/confirmation/

With the configuration above, the graph of conversion funnel considers that all users how move from Step 1 to Step 2 as exits, and it doesn't show me the real number of users in next steps of the funnel

Anyone can help me?

Thank you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hakim D
September 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

First of all, make sure that your destination URL is set to "Regular expression" and not "Equal to".

Second, your step 1 will not capture the English home page, but only home page versions with a two-letter "subdirectory".

So you should set the regex in Step 1 to:

^/($|[a-z]{2}/$)

This will capture the home page when the path is either / or /(two letters here)/ and nothing more.

Your current regex for step 1 will probably capture all pageviews since it's saying that URLs should just begin with two letters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Philip, Thank you for your response

When I set my URLs in the converstions funnel there are no option to specify if is a "regex" or "equal to"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You just need to set it once for the destination 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Philp, this solutions works fine.

Thanks a lot