AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting a conversion funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! Is it possible to create a conversion funnel by using events and not "page viewed". I need to track different pages of a form that have the same url.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Emilie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Setting a conversion funnel

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

As you've seen you cannot use the funnel setup page in GA with events.

I'm assuming you are already sending the events to GA.

You've a couple of options, but nothing which matches the simplicity of the goal funnel report or goal flow report.

- events flow report. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2521316?hl=en&ref_topic=2521315 This can behaviour as a funnel, but if you've a lot of events then it can get a bit crazy

- export your data to a 3rd party tool and create a funnel there. For example, import your data into Google Sheets via the Google Analytics Add on and then create a visualisation there. That has the advantage of being free. Alternatively, you can use a paid for visualisation dashboarding tool to present this data as a funnel.

Personally, I think you can get a long way by using Google Sheets and the analytics add-on.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Setting a conversion funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your help John

Re: Setting a conversion funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your help John