Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting a conversion funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! Is it possible to create a conversion funnel by using events and not "page viewed". I need to track different pages of a form that have the same url.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Emilie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Setting a conversion funnel

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

As you've seen you cannot use the funnel setup page in GA with events.

I'm assuming you are already sending the events to GA.

You've a couple of options, but nothing which matches the simplicity of the goal funnel report or goal flow report.

- events flow report. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2521316?hl=en&ref_topic=2521315 This can behaviour as a funnel, but if you've a lot of events then it can get a bit crazy

- export your data to a 3rd party tool and create a funnel there. For example, import your data into Google Sheets via the Google Analytics Add on and then create a visualisation there. That has the advantage of being free. Alternatively, you can use a paid for visualisation dashboarding tool to present this data as a funnel.

Personally, I think you can get a long way by using Google Sheets and the analytics add-on.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Setting a conversion funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your help John

Re: Setting a conversion funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your help John