Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Setting 2 UA Properties for the same domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Say I have 2 Google Analytics properties (not views) for the same root domain (not different sites) and I wish to fire tags from GTM to both simultaneously.

How can I do that in the same container. Create 2 different UA tags or modify the same tag in the container?

Please advise what the best practice is and how I can avoid duplicate sessions on my Google Analytics account.

Thanks in advance,

Dekel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dekel W
June 2016

Re: Setting 2 UA Properties for the same domain

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi dekel,
no you can not create any issue if you send data to 2 different properties as I supposed. So you are not duplicating any data, they will works as separate GA without interfer each other
Fil

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dekel,
you can simply create 2 different Google Analytics Tags on you GTM.
Just remember to give them a name that permit you to recognise them easily
Fil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Fil,
Don't you think it will mess up the measurements or create false duplicates if 2 GA Tags will be fired by GTM for the same Website?
Please advise,
Dekel
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dekel W
June 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi dekel,
no you can not create any issue if you send data to 2 different properties as I supposed. So you are not duplicating any data, they will works as separate GA without interfer each other
Fil

Setting 2 UA Properties for the same domain

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @filtro, @Dekel W,

I am currently facing similar problem with multiple UA properties for the same website. 

1. UA-XXXXXX-1 - Set up through GA and code placed onto the website

2. UA-YYYYYY-2 - Set up through Google Tag Manager (PS: A variable has been set up for this UA ID to track the pageviews for all the pages).

Here is where I am failing:

I have browsed few webpages after logging in to the website, spent couple of minutes on the pages. Took the client ID with Inspect element. Now, the user's journey for that client ID is showing inaccurate data in UA-XXXXXX-1, whereas, it is showing perfectly UA-YYYYYY-2.

Can you please help me out why there is pageviews/data inaccuracy in UA-XXXXXX-1? 

Thanks a ton! 

Shashank