Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Set up muti-channel funnel reports.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone, 

My website has ran many products and using paid marketing to generate traffic such as Facebook & SEM & GDN, GSP, But sometimes we have seen that the conversion was made by cross paid marketing channels and products. 

An example 1 - They came with Facebook but made conversion by SEM. 

An example 2 - They came to Products A but made conversion for Products B 

So we wondering that MCF can help us about cross channel tracking, But we haven't know how to track them exactly.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apiwat C
July 2016

Re: Set up muti-channel funnel reports.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Apiwat,

Universal Analytics now has plenty of new and interesting attribution models available. If your situation you may want to look at 'Linear' , 'Time Decay' , or 'Position Based' models. For more information you can read up on it here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1662518?hl=en

Additionally I would recommend that 'Model Comparison Tool' . Which will show the difference between the different UA attribution models. For more on how you can do this please read this article: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6148697

Lastly, I would suggest you also use Top Conversion Path tool to better understand your conversion attribution. You can access it by doing the following:
Universal Analytics has a terrific tool to better understand how your conversion behavior. Simply do the following:
#1 Go to 'Conversions' and click 'Multi-Channel Funnels'
#2 In 'Multi-Channel Funnels' click on 'Top Conversion Path'
#3 In 'Top Conversion Path' select the following settings:
- Date (remember it takes between 24-72 hours for the Top Conversion Path report to process the data).
- Conversions: Select the conversions you want to count.
- Path Length: I recommend 'All'
- Type: 'All'
- Lookback Window: Select a date that coincides with the window you've set for your AdWords conversions.
- Primary Dimension: Select 'Source/Medium Path'
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apiwat C
July 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Apiwat,

Universal Analytics now has plenty of new and interesting attribution models available. If your situation you may want to look at 'Linear' , 'Time Decay' , or 'Position Based' models. For more information you can read up on it here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1662518?hl=en

Additionally I would recommend that 'Model Comparison Tool' . Which will show the difference between the different UA attribution models. For more on how you can do this please read this article: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6148697

Lastly, I would suggest you also use Top Conversion Path tool to better understand your conversion attribution. You can access it by doing the following:
Universal Analytics has a terrific tool to better understand how your conversion behavior. Simply do the following:
#1 Go to 'Conversions' and click 'Multi-Channel Funnels'
#2 In 'Multi-Channel Funnels' click on 'Top Conversion Path'
#3 In 'Top Conversion Path' select the following settings:
- Date (remember it takes between 24-72 hours for the Top Conversion Path report to process the data).
- Conversions: Select the conversions you want to count.
- Path Length: I recommend 'All'
- Type: 'All'
- Lookback Window: Select a date that coincides with the window you've set for your AdWords conversions.
- Primary Dimension: Select 'Source/Medium Path'
Joshua, Rising Star

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Joshua R, I think that it misunderstood, As I already know that MCF can help us to determine how are they cross together. But we don't know how MCF actually work or setup.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Apiwat,

Please refer to the links I sent previously if you're having trouble setting up your MCF.

Pro Tip: For more accurate tracking I suggest you go into settings and expand the duration of your Campaign timeout.

Settings -> User Management -> Session Settings -> Change 'Campaign Timeout'
Joshua, Rising Star

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Could you please suggest me more about User Management, Campaign Timeout ? what is the benefit from these metric ?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Campaign TimeOut extends the tracking time of your cookies, giving you more accurate understanding of your converting user's behavior.

For more information you can read the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795871?hl=en
Joshua, Rising Star

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for helping me.