AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Self Referal Traffic Without 3rd Party Gateway

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are running a sales funnel and have two step confirmation when a users buys our product. After a user buys our product we make him land on another landing page for the up selling, and that is our Thank You page for the first sale. On viewing the reports in Analytics, going into All pages report and filtering the report with our Thank You page URL we see a secondary source medium by our on website as referral. All the pages have analytics codes in it, so we checked this possibility. 

Can anybody help in this regard as in what can be the issue? Would really appreciate your help

Regards,
Azhar

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Self Referal Traffic Without 3rd Party Gateway

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Azhar,

exclude your domain in Analytics property admin > tracking info > referral exclusion list.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Webfiled

Thanks for the solution. Can you also tell me the reason why it might be happening ? As my video in sales funnel is long of around 18-30 mins. and there arent any button for users to click onto. Do you think I should also increase my session duration timings ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, that might be favourable in your case provided your video is essential for your sales process.