AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

See last page before the conversion/checkout funel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello GA mavericks,

I am trying to build a report that would visualize the last page the users on an e-commerce site visited before going to the shopping cart page and further on going through the checkout steps and completing the order.

So basically I'm trying to report on the site pages that brought the most converting users into the checkout funnel.

Reverse goal path does not work as a solution, since the order placed goal is a destination goal tied to the transaction confirmation page, and the number of steps in the checkout funnel is 5, which exceeds the reverse goal flow of 3 pages that is recorded in GA.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

See last page before the conversion/checkout funel

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Oleg,

You can try to add 'Previous Page Path' dimension as secondary dimension while checking your shopping cart page.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Güney

Re: See last page before the conversion/checkout funel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guney!

Thank you for replying.

This solution allows seeing which pages sent the most traffic to the
Shopping Cart page, but I cannot correlate these data with the completed
transactions, which I have configured as a goal.

Also, I see a lot of (entrance) pages as the previous page, which I cannot
put in context.