Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Reverse Goal Path only shows final URL despite Cross Domain Tracking being activated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Community,

I am trying to track completion of goals across domains; I use Google Tag Manager on all domains with the same Universal Analytics Tags and the "Auto Link Domains" field set to a comma-separated list of all domains. Despite all that Conversions are only tracked for the final pages and reports like the Reverse Goal Path are limited to the final URL. I set up both goals that are event and URL based. 

Questions:

- Is there any additional configuration I am missing?

- When this will work, will all pages that are part of a conversion funnel get the conversion attributed or only the initial landing page?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas P
February 2017

Re: Reverse Goal Path only shows final URL despite Cross Domain Tracking being activated

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you are configuring cross domain tracking with GTM you have to also set cookieDomain to auto and allowLiner to true.

gtm-crossdomain.png

Without setting allowLinkr to true linker parameters cannot be passed properly.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas P
February 2017

Re: Reverse Goal Path only shows final URL despite Cross Domain Tracking being activated

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you are configuring cross domain tracking with GTM you have to also set cookieDomain to auto and allowLiner to true.

gtm-crossdomain.png

Without setting allowLinkr to true linker parameters cannot be passed properly.

Reverse Goal Path only shows final URL despite Cross Domain Tracking being activated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I just configured those parameters and will be able to report back tomorrow.

Regarding my second question, which URLs would get the conversion and reward attributed to?

All URLs on the path, just the landing, or just the conversion URL? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The above has helped to start getting proper tracking in place across domains.

As a follow up question:

What is the default attribution model that GA uses; is this something that can be changed to first interaction? Does the attribution only apply to the conversion value or also the conversion count?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Default attribution model is "Last Non-Direct Click" and you can't change it in most reports.
Only in Multi-Channel Funnels reports you can choose other attribution model.
Attribution model is applied for conversion value and conversion count.