AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Reverse Goal Path Report

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm being asked by a client to give them stats on how the CTA button on their homepage is doing to drive users to a landing page where there is a form submission. The issue is that we have not implemented click event tracking yet.

Since this is the only link on the homepage that goes to that page, I thought a workaround could be to use the Reverse Goal Path report. I would look to see how many goal completions took place where the homepage was the Goal Previous Step - 1. I could then take that number divide it by overall goal completions and get an estimate of people who clicked that CTA before completing the goal.

Does this sound like a good way to go? If not, any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Reverse Goal Path Report

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sean,

If you create a destination goal for the form page, you can easily calculate its click through rate like this: goal completions / total sessions *100 (assuming that the button is above the fold so its impression is 100%).

I hope my answer helps

Regards