Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Reverse Goal Path Report

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm being asked by a client to give them stats on how the CTA button on their homepage is doing to drive users to a landing page where there is a form submission. The issue is that we have not implemented click event tracking yet.

Since this is the only link on the homepage that goes to that page, I thought a workaround could be to use the Reverse Goal Path report. I would look to see how many goal completions took place where the homepage was the Goal Previous Step - 1. I could then take that number divide it by overall goal completions and get an estimate of people who clicked that CTA before completing the goal.

Does this sound like a good way to go? If not, any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Reverse Goal Path Report

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sean,

If you create a destination goal for the form page, you can easily calculate its click through rate like this: goal completions / total sessions *100 (assuming that the button is above the fold so its impression is 100%).

I hope my answer helps

Regards