Analytics
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Revenue inflated in Transactions report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have Ecommerce (not Enhanced) implemented in our site. There's a discrepancy with the Revenue affecting about 10% of transactions.

Looking at the Transactions report (Conversions > Transactions), it lists transactions; report fields are: Transaction ID, Revenue, Tax, Shipping, Quantity. Clicking on a specific transaction shows more details about that particular transaction; it shows a different report that has Product, Product Revenue, and Quantity.

The issue I'm having is that there's a discrepancy between the Revenue in the Transactions report and the detailed report. For example, in the Transactions report (Conversions > Transactions) there's a transaction with some ID and the revenue is $109.90. Clicking on that transaction, in the detailed report the Product revenue is $54.95.  So, revenue has been doubled in the Transactions report. The Quantity is 1 in either report, quantity is fine.

There are some transactions where the Revenue has been multiplied by 4, some multiplied by 3 and some doubled in the Transactions report. However, majority of transactions are fine, only a handful have this discrepancy issue. We are using GTM and I've already checked the Transaction tag, it's is firing only once and the data layer values look good. 

Transactions - Analytics detail.jpgTransactions - Analytics.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Michael,

I suspect you have a caching issue.  That is someone returning to the receipt page in session or later.

Since you using GTM, Simo Ahava is the man..  Check out this post:

https://www.simoahava.com/gtm-tips/prevent-repeat-transactions/

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will look into this. Thank you!